||[Jan. 11th, 2011|12:44 am]
I could make excuses. There wasn't really enough propane in the tank to pull off the epic melt I attempted. Perhaps I didn't use enough flux (green bottle glass, as is the norm). The burn time was too short. Whatever.|
The cake came out with no flux cover, no obvious signs of reticulation. Just a large lump of iron with obvious glass inclusions and probably no real patterns. Either I didn't use enough flux, didn't heat long enough, or just have the wrong alloy mix. And I'm out of propane, and the company I buy from is having a web failure to order more. Sigh. No pretty examples of what I can do for Arisia.