|a little progress
||[Feb. 2nd, 2003|09:56 pm]
Took off Saturday to mourn, back to working on a couple of projects today. Got the bronze pieces separated from their sprews, cleaned up a bit, and did a quick heat treat on them to remove any residual brittleness from the stresses of casting.|
Tomorrow I suit up in the positive pressure air filtration hood and start grinding. I'm hoping to have all surfaces ground to thickness and get the profiling done, with some luck I'll even get the bevels in.
Took the antler out of the stabilization mixture, looks like I got good penetration. It should be dry/hard enough to use in a few days. I'm glad I cut it a bit long, as I now have a few ideas on how it should look as a finished piece.