||[Apr. 29th, 2012|09:26 pm]
Years ago, I tried forge-welding my first cable damascus billet. I burned it, it came unraveled, it wouldn't stick together, and when I test-ground the piece, it was full of cold shuts, slag, and similar faults, and I probably spent 6 hours or so working on it.|
On Saturday, I made the stock for my next piece, forge welding a piece of 1.25" "Extra Improved Plow Steel" into a block, drawing it out, folding it on itself once, forging the result to the rough shape in about 2 hours from lit forge to annealing box.
Doing it has really kicked off a bout of arthritis though, enough that I took today off.